BBIF Mission Statement
The BBIF acts as a unified voice in promoting the interests of the UK automotive, industrial and special battery industries to UK Government departments and agencies, international institutions and associations, industry, customers and the media. With members from across the country supplying the major percentage of the UK battery market, BBIF works with stakeholders to help develop solutions to issues of common concern in areas like legislation, environmental, e-mobility and renewable energy storage.
The BBIF works to enhance relations, and coordinate the exchange of information on UK battery issues, between the industry and the UK Government. To serve as an adviser on all information related to the automotive and industrial sectors, and develop collective solutions towards issues of common concern to the industry, regulators and customers.
- BBIF will work to enhance relations between the industry and Government Dept’s, Agencies, Institutions, the media and consumers
- Develop solutions towards issues of common concern to industry, regulators and consumers
- Coordinate the exchange of information on legislation between Government Dept’s and Agencies, European Institutions, Industry, the media and consumers
- Act as an advisor on information and legislation related to the battery industry
- To work with manufacturers, importers and distributors in developing an environmental policy and to encourage the collection and recycling of waste batteries
- Share knowledge and expertise, with members of the industry, and develop a BBIF Code of Conduct.